For the last couple of weeks I have been playing around with eco dyeing and I've attached a couple of the pieces I have dyed. Not at all the colour palette I would normally be attracted to but I rather like the subtlety of these hues and the patterns and lines. In these 2 pieces I've used Lemon Myrtle,
Eucalypt and Cinnerea leaves with an Alum mordant.
- Have a plan, one that is well thought out and well documented. Don't just rely on photographs and a few rough sketches.
- Write everything down. Carry a journal, make lots of notes. I'm discovering that this really does
make a difference in the planning process.
- Practice patience while creating.
- Continue to expand my textile repertoire.
- Finish cleaning out the studio.